Saturday 6 June 2009

Where to start???? Part 1

Well this is my first ever blog, During the course of the blog over the coming months/year's I intend to explore the successes and no doubt failures of a newbie allotmenteer, chicken keeper, and the virtues of being frugal after all we all like to save a few bob!, along with a touch of wine and beer making, and environmental thoughts and issues.

So here goes a bit of background info for you.

My allotment is based in Thetford Norfolk, and as far as I'm aware Thetford town council has under its jurisdiction two allotment sites one based on the bury road and one where I have my allotment on the mundford road plot no 42.
I got my lottie about April 2008 where it was completely overgrown and packed full of solidago, which is a pretty flower and is used extensively in the florestry sector, but it isn't so pretty when its standing about 5ft high, and I have got to get rid of it, as it was last years growth it was just like stiff sticks, on my first visit my daughter came along to lend a hand (bless) after trampsing about for an hour moving all sorts of rubbish I had the idea of getting one of the sheets of corrugated tin and literally dragging it back and forth the lenght of the lottie, which after about 1/2 hr we could at long last see the area that we had, wow it looked massive and I was overcome with fear at the thought of digging that lot by hand.

More to follow........

No comments:

Post a Comment