Monday 8 June 2009

Weeds Weeds and more Weeds..... pt 2

As the plot had not been used for some years the council as part of the agreement of tenancy had one of there chaps come in and till the soil, which looked like a blade of some sort had been through the soil at a depth of about 5" and cut whatever was there, this was now about the middle of April 08 and I was anxious to get going!
I basically divided the plot up into 4 separate plots, fortunately my inlaws just replaced there living room carpet so I was able to cover up one plot there was fortunately several sheets of corrugated tin around the plot which I used to cover half another plot, this now left me with 2 1/2 plot to sort.
I already had potatoes,toms,cauli,cabbage,brussels,onion sets all ready at home that I had grown from seed waiting to go in the soil.
So on a fine morning I started to clear the ground patch by patch, and planting and sowing as I went along, progress was painfully slow and tedious bucket after bucket of weeds, this went on for about six weeks, and everything that I wanted to plant/sow was done.
Council problems....
More to follow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment